Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ERNESTINE TAHEDL: PASSAGES







Ernestine Tahedl: PASSAGES, Works Inspired by my Travels is on view from January 11 to February 4, 2011. An opening reception will be held on Thursday, January 13, 6-8 pm.

Ernestine Tahedl is an internationally known artist and longtime resident of King City, Ontario. This latest large-size series of acrylic paintings by the artist is co-presented with TRIAS GALLERY, Toronto. The artist states, “I explore and try to find the balance between the realistic image and pictorial values in my paintings. The concept of multiple canvases and panels has always fascinated me. It leads me towards the medieval concept of religious paintings and their spirituality. Spirituality and serenity are integral to my work. Colour and light are additional factors that guide me. Colour to me is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment